We are looking for a new Commercial Manager to join our Value Maritime team based in Singapore! Your main goal is to grow our client base with the best shipping companies in Asia and help the industry make greener choices today, future-proofing their vessels for tomorrow. Join our fun and dynamic team for a truly entrepreneurial voyage. Our technology is still relatively new but it’s proven and there is a lot to win in the shipping and carbon capture market. Use your personality, skill and industry knowledge to build strong, long-lasting relationships with key players in the shipping world.
We understand shipping and the need for new, simple, sustainable solutions that make commercial and financial sense. Since 2017, our technology has been helping shipowners and operators to achieve valuable emission reductions and financial savings.
To strengthen our pragmatic sales team, we are looking for a commercial manager who is interested in joining a fast-growing and innovative company that is sustainable by nature with a team that is dedicated to making an impact.
An ambitious team of maritime professionals who are committed to sustainable shipping and the green transformation of the marine energy industry. You will be based in Singapore and focus on the APAC region as part of our global commercial team; our other offices are located in Amsterdam, Rotterdam (HQ), Athens and Singapore. It’s a fun place to work with a good-humoured spirit and we are all keenly focused on reaching our targets for 2023 and reaping the rewards.
At Value Maritime, we have short communication lines and this role reports to the Director APAC.
Share our passion? Here’s what we need:
We are in search of someone whose entrepreneurial attitude and experience in the maritime world can take us further along our journey to sustainable shipping.
Ready to make the world more sustainable? Here’s what you’ll do:
• Analyse the market and define the commercial strategy for the APAC region.
• Actively sell the complete Value Maritime portfolio in the APAC region using a consultative approach.
• Develop leads within the best shipping companies in the APAC region and convert them into orders.
• Constantly seek new business opportunities, build trust and develop existing business.
Your wheelhouse – core activities
• Dealing and negotiating with both existing and potential customers.
• Representing us with local and international regulatory authorities.
• Managing sales numbers as well as clients – nailing your targets.
• Staying ahead of the trends – what’s playing in the market and where the opportunities lie.
• Providing prompt commercial follow-up to enquiries.
• Processing and recording all information/data connected to the sales process.
• Ensuring that any contracts concluded meet the general terms & conditions with an acceptable operational risk to Value Maritime.
• Establishing firm long-term relationships, which allow in-depth conversation and foster customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate
• Your home is the world of maritime and shipping. In your career, you can look back on around 5-10 successful years of sales experience/ equivalent experience in the maritime industry.
• You have the ability to work independently with initiative, but you also enjoy a spirited team environment and are happy to contribute to and share in the team’s successes.
• As your clients will be English speaking, we need you to fluently speak and write in English.
• You have experience dealing with the different layers and levels of the client’s business and know when and how to approach everyone from the CFO to the technical manager.
• And last, but not least, you see yourself in Value Maritime’s core values ( valuable, entrepreneurial, client-driven, innovative, sustainable).
Sound like you?
Do you share our passion for sustainable shipping? Are you ready to come on board and make shipping greener with us? Send us your application today!
Want to know more about this vacancy? Call Belle Bezemer on +31 6 48 50 26 18 or send an email to email@example.com
Belle is available on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays.
Applying is very easy, please just send an email with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
See you soon!