Are you at home in the world of logistics and supply chain? Maybe you are a recent graduate or you have a few years of procurement experience under your belt?
Can you ensure your colleagues never go wrong by anticipating their needs for materials and guaranteeing essential parts are always in stock?
We are looking for a new colleague to join our Value Maritime operations team based in Rotterdam harbour and we would like to hear from you!
Join our fun and dynamic team for a truly entrepreneurial voyage.
Our technology is relatively new but it’s proven and there is a lot to win in the shipping and carbon capture market. Use your personality, skills and motivation to help Value Maritime realise a green future for shipping.
We understand shipping and the need for new, simple, sustainable solutions that make commercial and financial sense. Since 2017, our technology has been helping shipowners and operators to achieve valuable emission reductions and financial savings.
We are a fast-growing and innovative company that is sustainable by nature with a team that is dedicated to making an impact.
An ambitious team of maritime professionals who are committed to sustainable shipping and the green transformation of the marine energy industry. As the operations team, we strive for excellent service and on-time delivery of our products. We are a fun place to work with a good-humoured spirit and we are all highly motivated.
Share our passion? Here’s what we need:
To strengthen our operations teams we are looking for a proactive procurement colleague. As we are a small company we have short communication lines. This role reports to the Operations Manager.
As a buyer, you are responsible for the daily handling of all incoming orders. You ensure we have enough goods for running projects, planned service, emergency repairs and spare sales. You anticipate upcoming needs, you order goods and ensure they arrive on time at the right location. If our service team needs to perform an emergency repair, you take quick action to ensure they can perform their job
With your creativity, you always manage to find a solution. Your organisation skills come into play when an overview is required of upcoming deliveries, especially when we need to push a deadline forward. Your attention to detail spots discrepancies on orders and your flexible attitude means you respond quickly to (urgent) requests.
Your wheelhouse – core activities
- Coordinating procurement projects across our product range.
- You order bulk items by weighing off-lead time, need and costs.
- You handle all incoming requests for spare parts, provide confirmations and send the goods.
- You secure on-time delivery of goods at the right location, if needed you drive there yourself.
- Take immediate action if things go unplanned and minimise the impact on business.
- Cooperating closely with colleagues and anticipating their needs.
- Solving logistical challenges and minimising their impact on the business.
The ideal candidate
- Your home is the world of supply and logistics. Maybe you are a recent graduate or have a few years of experience under your belt?
- You are intrinsically motivated to foster a green future.
- You have a supply chain, logistics, purchasing or technical MBO/HBO education or similar.
- Engaging, proactive and creative personality with a high drive for results.
- Able to read and understand technical drawings (plus).
- Fluent in English (written and verbal), Dutch is a big plus.
- You can work independently with initiative but also enjoy working in a team.
- Able to deal with sudden, urgent situations.
- Attention to detail.
- You possess a driver’s licence (B).
- Experience with excel is a plus.
- Ability to work in Rotterdam.
- You have a good sense of humour – at VM, we like to laugh!
- And last, but not least, you see yourself in Value Maritime’s core values ( valuable, entrepreneurial, client-driven, innovative, sustainable).
What do we offer?
- Salary in conformity with the market.
- Flexible office hours – if you need to leave at 3 pm, you leave at 3 pm.
- Work from home/office 50/50.
- Fun and exciting environment – a growing company never stands still!
Sound like you?
Do you share our passion for sustainable shipping? Are you ready to come onboard and make shipping greener with us? Send us your application today!
Everybody is welcome to apply. Please send your CV and application letter to HR@valuemaritime.com